Dr. Ken Friedman, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of Medicine at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ.
Drs. Friedman and Maughan describe how ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) has impacted their families, and then they explain similarities between ME/CFS and Long Covid, both falling under the newly minted category PAPIS (Post Active Phase of InfectionSyndromes) which also includes Chronic Lyme Disease. Baruch and the Doctors discuss both genetic and environmental influences on immune response.
The conversation goes to questions about how treatment options for ME/CFS may have implications for Long Covid. The discussion is somewhat technical but Friedman and Maughan break it down for us.
• How Long Covid Exhausts the Body
• What We Know About Long Covid and Exercise
• ME/CFS: Causes, Clinical Features and Diagnosis
• ME/CFS – the Severely and Very Severely Affected
• Physical & Occupational Therapy for ME/CFS and Similar Chronic Illnesses
• New Antiviral Pills Help Treat Covid. Here’s How to Get Them